What is the Incredible Impacts Programme
The Incredible Impacts Programme celebrates the “beyond tourism” value of international association meetings to create a powerful platform to advocate their positive societal impact.
The Incredible Impacts programme shines a global spotlight on the innovative thinking and creativity in the meetings industry, demonstrating the beyond tourism impact and lasting legacy we can leave behind us. It’s not just about rewarding associations who are showcasing examples of excellence, but also to inspire others to incorporate their own legacy initiatives into future events.
Every year we are inspired by the legacy-making, often life-changing work showcased through our programme, and we look forward to shining a light on associations who are helping to shape tomorrow’s world”.
A panel of independent judges form the association world will determine which meeting has a proven impact to award one grant of USD 20,000 on behalf of BestCities Global Alliance and ICCA.
Any international association whose meeting fits any of the following criteria:
- Knowledge and/or skills transfers to developing countries – especially if carried out in a creative manner or with very high impact
- Knowledge and/or skills transfers to disadvantaged groups.
- Facilitating attendance and active participation by delegates from developing countries or disadvantaged groups (eg ex-refugees).
- Public awareness-raising of an environmental, healthcare, or societal challenge or potential solution.
- Policy-maker awareness-raising of an environmental, healthcare-related, or societal challenge or potential solution.
- Educational outreach in the host destination (eg to schools or universities, or even the general public).
- Advancing or empowering young, future intellectual and/or societal leaders – from within the association or beyond.
- Long-lasting legacy programmes delivered within the host destination (could be charity, investment, R&D, scholarships, etc).
We are also open to any other proposal covers the general objective of this programme.