About the City
Japan’s capital city, Tokyo, earns high remarks among organisers of global business meetings when it comes to quality of service and high level of organisation. Tokyo offers a broad choice of high-tech event venues, world-class hotels, and numerous leisure activities. Japan’s famous hospitality will ensure you are supported every step of the way as you plan for a unique delegate experience in the traditional, yet modern city.
Being one of the world’s major megalopolises, Tokyo takes sustainability seriously. The Tokyo Metropolitan Government formed “Carbon Half,” a plan to halve greenhouse gas emissions by 2030 to achieve global net-zero emissions by 2050. In light of these efforts, Tokyo’s business events industry has also been proactive in its contributions to SDGs and is initiating various sustainable practices.
High-level technological and engineering expertise make Tokyo a perfect place for high-tech, state-of-the-art meetings. Participate as an avatar robot while actively communicating with attendees or experience robot waiters during coffee breaks and receptions. Tokyo keeps innovating and lives up to its reputation as a technological powerhouse.
Over 140 universities are located in Tokyo, with approximately 70,000 teaching professionals and 700,000 students. There are roughly 70 public and 90 private research institutions. All of these make Tokyo a true academic hub. Additionally, more than 1,000 academic societies and associations are located in Tokyo. For these reasons, TCVB can quickly establish a close liaison with academia and industry when bidding for international conferences, immediately setting up local bidding committees.
Tokyo represents a vital crossroad where 400 years of history and tradition meet innovation. From historical spots like Asakusa, Meiji Shrine, and the Imperial Palace, to the newest icon of Azabudai Hills. The City offers excitement beyond expectations. As well as bustling city life, Tokyo is home to green mountains, rushing rivers, and seaside spots not far from the city.
Unique Venues in the City
We focus on these industries
The Business Events Tokyo team at the Tokyo Convention & Visitors Bureau (TCVB) continuously raises awareness of sustainability in the business events industry, initiating various sustainable practices to inspire meeting planners and local partners alike to make Tokyo more sustainable.
- Aim to achieve global net-zero emissions by 2050
- “Sustainability Guidelines for Business Events in Tokyo” provides continuing education to the local industry
- “Carbon Footprint Calculator for Business Events in Tokyo” provides data on the environmental impact of events for sustainable event management
- “Sustainability Experience in Tokyo for International Conferences,” contains fascinating programs where participants can learn about local, sustainable initiatives, even offering chances to contribute to the community
- The Sustainable Event Support Desk was established to offer local organizers comprehensive guidance on the optimization of sustainable events
Explore the city
Things to do
Culture, Attractions, Sights
The Imperial Palace