About the City
Cape Town was voted the best place in the world to visit by the New York Times in 2014, and there are plenty of reasons why. Visiting Cape Town will give you the opportunity to enjoy the high sophistication of its premier wines and authentic South African cuisine. Visit the breathtaking Table Mountain National Park, which is home to 2,200 species of plants, or take a stroll by the city harbour, the Port of Cape Town. A key part of the attractiveness of Cape Town is the charm and rich experiences of its multicultural people.
Cape Town and the Western Cape offer conference organisers something a little extra to wow their guests. The city has established itself internationally as a sophisticated and competitive business events destination, and it is consistently voted the No. 1 conference city in Africa and the Middle East.
The city boasts accessibility, exceptional value for money and cutting-edge conference facilities. The expertise of the local business events industry and an ever-expanding portfolio of world-class hotels are the perfect ingredients that make it an ideal meeting destination. Be it Cape Town’s history of strong medical scholarship, a rich cultural heritage or a plethora of activities from invigorating golf safaris to indulgent spa experiences, the destination presents the perfect balance between business and leisure.
The Cape Town and Western Cape Convention Bureau offer comprehensive conferencing expertise and support, in order to create a unique African Experience.
For music lovers, Cape Town’s annual calendar is full of different exciting events, such as the Cape Town International Opera Festival or the annual Up the Creek Music Festival. For foodies, there is the SA Cheese Festival and the delicious Taste of Cape Town Festival.
- #1 business events destination on the African continent according to the International Congress and Conventions Association for 2022
- Named the Best City in the World by The Telegraph Travel Awards 2023
- Africa’s Leading City Destination 2022 according to the World Travel Awards
Unique Venues in the City
We focus on these industries
Financial and Business Services
Minerals and Energy
Green and Blue Economy
These examples illustrate Cape Town’s commitment to sustainable development and aligning its policies, programs, and initiatives with the SDGs. By actively addressing these goals, the city contributes to the global efforts of creating a more sustainable, inclusive, and resilient future. Cape Town has implemented various programs and initiatives to address environmental, social, and economic challenges. Here is an overview of some key sustainability programs in Cape Town:
- Promoting urban planning that prioritizes affordable housing, public transportation, and green spaces
- Investments in renewable energy projects, implemented water conservation measures, and developed climate adaptation plans to mitigate the effects of droughts and sea-level rise
- Established nature reserves, protected areas, and green belts to preserve its natural habitats
- Innovative water management strategies, including water recycling, water-sensitive urban design, and public awareness campaigns for water conservation
- Investments in infrastructure development, such as renewable energy projects and digital connectivity, to foster economic growth and ensure equitable access to resources
- Accessible healthcare services, including HIV/AIDS treatment and prevention programs, and prioritizes public health initiatives
Explore the city
Things to do
Culture, Attractions, Sights
Robben Island Museum
Table Mountain Cableway