About the City
Geographically situated in the heart of Southeast Asia, Singapore is an island city-state that packs a punch with a blend of elements that come together in symphony. From historical buildings alongside modern architectural marvels to street food served side by side with internationally acclaimed gourmet fare, the city is a celebration of diversity that goes beyond the postcard-perfect sight of steely skyscrapers.
Singapore’s accessibility, state-of-the-art infrastructure, and numerous unique venues make it an ideal location for meetings. Home to the highest number of completed regional headquarters, Singapore aspires to be a dynamic exchange capital of the world, where passion is made possible. Voted Asia’s Top Convention City for the 20th year in a row by the International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA) and ranked World’s Best Business Environment by The Economist, Singapore is a pioneering and stimulating presence in the business events industry.
The melding of Singapore’s rich tapestry of culture into a harmonious collective is the country’s biggest attraction. Its diverse places of worship, cuisines, and languages co-exist harmoniously. Singapore’s art and design scene is also a colourful brew of local works, with international inspirations. Imagine taking in Southeast Asia’s newest and largest collection of modern Singapore and Southeast Asian art, housed within two of the city’s majestic historical national monuments at the National Gallery Singapore, or travel back into the colonial era on the Civic District Art Trail and learn about Singapore’s significant monuments and memorials.
Step into Singapore’s well-known precincts such as the Marina Bay waterfront and marvel at the sight of architectural icons such as the Marina Bay Sands® and the Gardens by the Bay that dot the impressive skyline; or one of Asia’s award-winning shopping streets Orchard Road; to quaint little cultural precincts, each with its own distinct character and charm.
All year round, the city hosts exciting events and celebrations such as the iLight festival, Asia’s leading sustainable light festival, and the Mid-Autumn Festival when people gather with glowing lanterns and you can try sweet, traditional mooncakes. Learn more about Singapore’s event calendar.
- Asia’s Most Competitive Country 2023 – IMC World Competitiveness Centre
- Top Asia-Pacific Meeting City 2022 – International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA) Global Rankings 2022
- Best Business Environment in the World 2013 to 2022 – The Economist
- Safest Country in the World 2019 to 2022 – Gallup
- Top in Asia for Absence of Corruption – Rule of Law Index 2021
Unique Venues in the City
We focus on these industries
Aerospace & Logistics
Applied Health Sciences
Innovation and Technology
Singapore is a City in Nature where large experiences come with small footprints. Through a collective movement, we are reducing our impact on the environment and developing offerings that are both innovative and sustainable.
- The introduction of the MICE Sustainability Roadmap in 2022 establishes specific industry targets
Committed to achieving net zero emissions by 2050
- Singapore’s Changi Airport has achieved Level 3 accreditation in the Airport Carbon Accreditation Scheme
- Receipient of the Green Port award for 3 consecutive years from the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Port Services Network (APSN)
- Three Singaporean firms have secured their positions in the 2021 Global 100 Rankings for the Most Sustainable Companies
Explore the city
Things to do
Culture, Attractions, Sights
Explore Singapore's iconic hawker centres
Visit some of the World's 50 Best Bars
Experience the rich tapestry of arts and culture
Chase the excitement with exhilarating rides and attractions
Discover our City in Nature
Shop international brands and local designs