About the City
Centrally positioned between East and West, Dubai is home to more than 200 nationalities speaking more than 140 languages. It is one of the world’s leading business hubs and tourist destinations, welcoming international visitors all year round. Its unique power to convene – a power that is an ingrained part of its history and culture – is reflected in its world-class business events offering.
Dubai distinguishes itself as a unique city in a number of different respects: It has unrivalled global reach – located within just an eight hour flight from two-thirds of the world’s population, and within four hours from one-third, all through the world’s busiest airport for international passenger traffic; The city is also a world-class hospitality, transport and leisure hub with an events infrastructure second to none.
The city’s multicultural diversity brings a unique global perspective where people can project their own viewpoints and perspectives, and where different cultures can gain knowledge from each other. Diversity has played its own unique role in Dubai becoming the entrepreneurial and dynamic city it is today, while all visitors and resident can feel reassured by the country’s status as the second safest in the world according to the World Economic Forum’s Travel & Tourism Development Index.
Dubai has also evolved to cater to a broad range of visitors and budgets. A huge network of hotels ranges from the most luxurious to very comfortable mid-range offerings. Dining options are international and extensive, catering for all budgets – Michelin-starred options are available, while delegates can also eat well at a very reasonable cost. Dubai’s integrated public transport system allows visitors to move around the city easily and inexpensively.
When planners hold their event in Dubai, their delegates can also enjoy an unlimited range of recreational options at the budget that suits them. They can choose from world-class golf courses, sailing, scuba diving and deep-sea fishing, pristine beaches and dramatic desert landscapes, world-class shopping malls – and even an indoor real snow ski slope.
Bringing a conference, congress, meeting or incentive to Dubai also means being able to tap into a well-developed business events ecosystem, with expertise around the city and free, unbiased support available through Dubai Business Events, the city’s official convention bureau.
- #1 Meeting Destinations in Middle East and Africa (CVENT)
- World’s Leading Business Travel Destination 2022 (World Travel Awards)
- No.1 global destination in the TripadvisorⓇ Travellers’ Choice Awards 2023
Unique Venues in the City
We focus on these industries
Key sectors under UAE National Strategy for Innovation
The UAE has a proven track record in sustainable action underpinned by concrete targets and pioneering projects that are deeply rooted in the values of conservation, community and tradition. The UAE Government has been implementing policies and practices to strengthen sustainable development at a local and global level. Building on decades of progress, the country is taking collective action towards a sustainable future through a multitude of initiatives and achievements across a broad range of areas, from achieving net zero, to conservation efforts on land and at sea.
- The Dubai Net Zero Carbon Emissions Strategy 2050 that aim to generate 100% of Dubai’s total energy production capacity from clean energy sources by 2050
- The UAE is hosting COP28 in 2023, with the event taking place at Expo City Dubai
- 2023 is the Year of Sustainability in Dubai, is dedicated to sustainability, under the theme ‘Today for Tomorrow’
- Dubai Can, the citywide sustainability movement launched on 15 February 2022, has successfully reduced the use of an equivalent of more than 7 million 500 ml single-use plastic water bottles in its first year.
- Dubai’s Department of Economy and Tourism has launched a ‘Dubai Sustainable Tourism Stamp’ to recognise hotels with the highest adherence to sustainability standards.
Explore the city
Things to do
Culture, Attractions, Sights
Museum of The Future
Expo City Dubai
Explore Old Dubai