The Incredible Impacts Programme celebrates the ‘beyond tourism’ value of international association meetings to create a powerful platform to advocate their positive societal impact. A panel of independent judges from the association world will determine three meetings that have shown the greatest impact, and award grants of USD 7,500 on behalf of BestCities and ICCA.
Shortlisted associations represent a broad range of sectors including leadership; scientific innovation; humanitarianism; environmental issues; music; disease; disability, and child neglect.
Paul Vallee, Managing Director of BestCities said: “The Incredible Impacts Programme is a showcase of global excellence of lasting legacies within the meetings and events industry. We have been overwhelmed by the work submitted, which demonstrates the breadth of impact being delivered by associations.
“A core goal of BestCities is to nurture and develop the purpose of events beyond traditional planning, focusing on vital areas including legacy development, sustainability and accessibility. It is hugely encouraging to see these values being replicated by associations the world over, who are making lasting contributions to the destinations they visit.”
Dennis Speet, ICCA Interim CEO, added: “This is the second edition of the Incredible Impacts Programme and the quality of legacy projects we have received is truly astounding. The variety of industries represented in the submissions demonstrates the wide-ranging and deeply positive impact that the work of international associations has when it comes to finding solutions to societal challenges.
We hope that this year’s superb entries inspire other associations and meeting planners to consider how they can create a legacy with their meetings and leave a long-lasting impact on their host destinations.”
The final judging will now take place with the winners to be announced after 10 September 2018.
The final shortlist:
- Soroptimist International
- The International Society for the Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect
- European Association for Palliative Care
- International Council on Social Welfare
- Down Syndrome International
- African Women in Leadership Organisation
- International Association of Science Parks and Areas of Innovation
- World Environmental Education Congress Network
- International Actuarial Association
- The International Society for Music Education
- Society for Ecological Restoration
- Union for International Cancer Control